- Atlantic Mackerel.
- Sardines, Wild-Caught (including canned)
- Rainbow Trout (and some types of Lake)
- Bluefin Tuna.
- Orange Roughy.
- Salmon, Farmed in Pens (Atlantic)
- Mahi-Mahi (Costa Rica, Guatemala & Peru)
What is the healthiest white fish?
1. Cod. Cod is often considered one of the best white fish and is commonly featured in recipes like fish and chips due to its dense, flaky texture. In addition to being relatively low in calories, cod is an excellent source of protein, selenium and vitamin B12.
Which fish are the healthiest for your heart?
Good omega-3-rich fish options include:
- Atlantic mackerel.
- Lake trout.
- Canned, light tuna.
Where are the healthiest fish?
- Troll-caught or pole-caught albacore tuna from the U.S. or British Columbia.
- Wild-caught salmon from Alaska.
- Farmed oysters.
- Wild-caught sardines from the Pacific Ocean.
- Farmed rainbow trout.