- Warm wool socks.
- Synthetic long underwear tops and bottoms.
- Long-sleeve and short-sleeve synthetic shirts.
- Rain gear.
- Layered clothing options.
- Cold-weather hat (for warmth)
- A billed hat (for particularly sunny days)
- Thick work gloves or mittens for handling caught fish and bait rigging.
What do you wear for halibut fishing in Alaska?
The best materials to wear are those that will keep you warm even when they’re wet. Wool is an excellent insulator; think how many animals survive all kinds of conditions with woolen sweaters! It’s also great at keeping you warm when it gets wet, again because animals need to be able to survive a cold, wet winter.
What should I wear on a fishing trip?
- Windbreaker. This will protect you from spray and keep you warm on early morning starts.
- Shorts if you’re going somewhere tropical; long pants if not.
- Light weight shirt. Wearing a shirt will protect your arms and shoulders from sunburn.
- Light colored clothing.
- Non-skid rubber soled shoes.
What is the best fishing in Alaska?
- For saltwater fishing, go to Homer.
- For salmon fishing, go to Bristol Bay.
- For remote fishing, go to Kodiak Island Archipelago.
- For fishing culture, go to Ketchikan.
- For trout fishing, go to Kvichak River.