- 01 of 15. Chef John’s French Fries. View Recipe.
- 02 of 15. Mashed Peas.
- 03 of 15. Glazed Peas and Potatoes with Mint.
- 04 of 15. Restaurant-Style Coleslaw.
- 05 of 15. Dad’s Creamy Cucumber Salad.
- 06 of 15. Cheese and Bacon Potato Rounds.
- 07 of 15. Chef John’s Succotash.
- 08 of 15. Cilantro-Lime Coleslaw.
What is a good side to eat with fish?
- Grilled or Steamed Vegetables. Flakier fish like fluke, tilapia and flounder cook best on the grill or in the oven when they are wrapped in foil.
- Potatoes. Potatoes always make a great side dish no matter how you prepare them—roasted, fried, or mashed.
What do you do with fish fry?
Once fish is fried and ready, drain excess oil on a kitchen towel for a few minutes before serving. Serve with french fries, tartar sauce, lemon wedges and salad.
Is fish fry a junk food?
Battered and deep-fried, fish and chips isn’t a nutritious meal. In addition to a large amount of fat, fish and chips can also be high in sodium. While the occasional salty meal isn’t likely to harm your overall health, regularly eating too much sodium can lead to chronic medical problems.