Is scuba diving a cheap hobby?
Yes, scuba diving is an expensive hobby. You can expect to spend roughly $300 to receive your diving certification, anywhere from $200 – $2,000 on scuba diving gear, and anywhere between $75 – $150 per dive. Renting your gear instead of buying can let you scuba dive on a budget.
What is the best beginner scuba gear?
- Mask: Cressi F1.
- Snorkel: Aqua Lung Impulse 3.
- Fins: Mares Avanti Super-Channel Open Heel Fin.
- BCD: AquaLung Pro HD.
- Regulator: Aqua Lung Calypso Regulator.
- Octopus: Aqua Lung Calypso/Titan Octopus.
- SPG + Computer: Cressi Leonardo Computer Console.
- Wrist Computer: Cressi Leonardo Wrist Computer.
How much is entry level scuba gear?
It largely depends on how often you get to dive. Buying a basic scuba gear set would cost around $300, and a complete scuba gear set would go up to $1000 and more. Renting a scuba gear unit would cost you less, at just $30, and it would be a better solution if you plan to dive only once a year or during a vacation.