Which is the prettiest canal in UK?
- Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal from Goytre Wharf.
- Kennet & Avon Canal from Hilperton Marina.
- Chester return from Gailey Wharf.
- Llangollen Canal from Whitchurch Marina.
- Forth & Clyde Canal from Falkirk.
How far can you go on a narrow boat in a day?
How far can I travel? During the summer months you can expect to cruise for anywhere between four and seven hours a day. Travelling at 3-4mph for four hours a day will mean you cover around 80 to 100 miles in a week.
What countries have narrow boats?
The distinctive Penichette Boats sleep from 2-12 people, and many have inside and outside steering. They are available in Ireland, France, Holland, Germany and Italy. We offer a huge choice of traditional canal boat holidays in the UK. Take your narrowboat through locks and cruise through tunnels and over aqueducts.