- Match your lure to the water color.
- Choose your lure shapes and sizes that let you “match the hatch.”
- Get fishing gear that appropriately size to the fish you’re pursuing.
- If you are trolling, make sure your lures are swimming in a lifelike manner.
- Choose your fishing line wisely.
How do you properly catch a fish?
What is the easiest way to catch a fish?
Use live bait, a store-bought bait or lure, or an improvised lure, depending on what you have available and what you want to catch. You can use live bait you find in the wild such as worms, minnows, and insects. To improvise a lure, you can use shiny metals or even colorful pieces of cloth.
Is it easy to learn to fish?
While it can be intimidating at first, fishing can be one of the simplest outdoor hobbies to pick up. Catching your first fish is as easy as finding a lake, doing some research, investing in some basic gear, and casting a line.