How often should you clean small fish tank?
Depending on how many fish you have, and how messy they are, most tanks require cleaning about once every two weeks. Cleaning should involve: ✔ Siphoning the gravel to remove any debris and uneaten food, and changing about 10-15% of the water.
How do you clean a fish tank for beginners?
- Wash your hands and arms to your elbows.
- Unplug filter and lights.
- Remove any synthetic decor and scrub it with hot water and a designated toothbrush.
- Clean the glass with an appropriate acrylic-safe or glass scrub.
- Use a gravel vacuum to get into the substrate crevices.