- Price it right. Price it right.
- Prepare your boat to sell quickly. Expand.
- Exposure. Place your boat where the most potential buyers can see it and get easy access.
- Pick an aggressive dealer or broker that’s going to work for you. Expand.
- Sell it yourself.
Where is the best place to sell a boat?
- Boat Trader.
- YachtWorld (you will need to list through a Broker for exposure on YachtWorld)
How do I know what my boat is worth?
A dealer or mechanic can give you an excellent estimate of your boat’s value based on its individual profile. Be careful with dealership estimates, though. If they think you are looking for a trade-in, they are more likely to give you a lowball offer. Let’s also note that boats depreciate over time.
How do I sell my old boat?
- Determine if you are going to sell the boat yourself, or work with a broker or dealer.
- Make sure the boat looks and runs as good as possible.
- Research the price of similar boats taking make, model, size, and age into consideration.
- Decide on an asking price.
- Advertise your boat for sale.