How does a Robomop work?
Dedicated floor mop or vacuum/mop hybrid: At their heart, all robot mops function similarly: You fill a tank with water, and the water is dispensed as the robot navigates across your floors, using an attached cloth/pad to scrub dirt off your floor. The robots, however, generally come in two types.
Which mopping robot is best?
- Best robot mop overall: iRobot Braava Jet 240.
- Best robot vacuum and mop combo: Bissell SpinWave 2-in-1 Robotic Mop and Vacuum.
- Best luxury robot vacuum and mop combo: Ecovacs Deebot X1 Omni.
- Is a robot mop worth your money?
- How we tested.
- Other robot mop-vacuums we tested.
Are mopping robots worth it?
They are good at getting hard-to-reach spots: When using a manual mop, it can be difficult to get all the way under tables and around obstacles. Robot mops don’t really have that problem. They are also programmed to get as close to floorboards as they can so they don’t miss walls or corners.