Do betta fish get excited to see you?
They quickly learn to recognize their human companions, they know when feeding time is, and they get excited when you approach their aquarium.
How do I play with my betta fish?
- Place a ping pong ball in the aquarium.
- Use a mirror to watch your betta flare.
- Introduce floating decorations.
- Draw on the fish tank with dry erase markers.
- Stick Post-its or other pieces of paper on the tank.
Do betta fish like when you talk to them?
Bettas are sensitive to the vibrations in water caused by sounds such as human voices, which some take as meaning your fish can learn to recognize your voice and its name. See if you can trigger a regular response by saying your betta’s name each time you visit.