Can goldfish and koi fish be in the same pond?
Absolutely! Both koi and goldfish are very docile creatures and will not harm each other in a pond or aquarium.
Will koi fish eat goldfish?
Will Koi Eat Fancy Goldfish? Answer: Yes, low risk (small species). While standard common goldfish are usually alright to keep with koi, fancy goldfish, particularly the smaller varieties, should not be kept with koi.
Which fish can stay with koi?
- 1) Goldfish (Carassius auratus)
- 2) Grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella)
- 3) Suckermouth catfish (Hypostomus plecostomus)
- 4) Redear sunfish (Lepomis microlophus)
- 5) Largemouth bass (Micropterus salmoides)
- 6) Chinese high-fin banded shark (Myxocyprinus asiaticus)
- 7) Orfe (Leuciscus idus)