What is the story behind Luncheon of the Boating Party?
Luncheon of the Boating Party Story and Theme
Luncheon of the Boating Party shows a group of Renoirs friends relaxing and enjoying food, drinks, and good conversation on a balcony at the Maison Fournaise in Chatou, France. Renoir often included close friends is his paintings and they would model for him when needed.
How much is the Luncheon of the Boating Party worth?
Pierre Renoir’s “Luncheon of the Boating Party” 12 million to 15 million dollars, and maybe even more “A top piece of work.” So, if these estimates of the value of the nine paintings are even close, and the other 66 paintings average $250,000 each, this exhibit should be valued at 50 million to 60 million dollars.
Who are the people in the painting Luncheon of the Boating Party?
- Aline Charigot, a seamstress.
- Charles Ephrussi, an art historian and editor of Gazette des Beaux-Artes.
- Jules LaForgue, Ephrussi’s personal secretary.
- Baron Raoul Barbier, former mayor of colonial Saigon.
- Ellen Andrée, an actress.