- Kalama Park in Kihei.
- Black Rock in Kaanapali.
- Kahului Harbor.
- Baldwin Beach Park.
How do you buy fresh fish?
- Clear, bright eyes, not sunken.
- Bright red gills.
- Scales should not be missing and they should be firmly attached to the skin.
- Moist skin. Really fresh fish feels slightly slippery.
- Shiny skin with bright natural colouring.
- Tail should be stiff and the flesh feel firm.
- It should have a sea-fresh smell.
Does Maui have a fish Market?
Paia Fish Market started out as a local spot for fresh fish in Maui’s northern shore town, Paia. It has since grown and branched out to three total locations across the island. If you’re looking for fresh fish on the island, Paia Fish Market should be on the top of your list.
What seafood is Maui known for?
Maui is home to some great fresh seafood, especially mahi-mahi, ahi tuna, and opakapaka, so you gotta try at least one of these fresh fish while you are on the island. But it’s not just seafood, Hawaii is home to all kind of tropical agriculture.