Can you fish in the ponds in The Villages?
People can fish in any natural or artificial lake, canal or stream in The Villages that doesn’t cross over or trespass upon private property or golf courses, according to the recreation department.
Do you need a fishing license in The Villages?
All fishermen are required to comply with federal, state and local laws, statutes and ordinances while fishing within the boundaries of The Villages. (Licenses are required for those 16 years of age or older. No license is required for those over 65 with proof of age.) For licensing information visit www.MyFWL.com.
Where can I fish near The Villages FL?
- Lake Griffin State Park. Fruitland Park, FL.
- Lake Idamere Park. Tavares, FL.
- Lake Louisa State Park. Clermont, FL.
- Wekiwa Springs State Park. Apopka, FL.
- Hontoon Island State Park. Deland, FL.
- Blue Spring State Park. Orange City, FL.
- De Leon Springs State Park.
- Colt Creek State Park.