- MONOFILAMENT. A classic line option for any fisherman, monofilament is an individual nylon fiber that is usually inexpensive and is easy to work with.
- BRAID. Braided fishing line is another trustworthy option for bass fishermen.
Is braid or mono better for bass?
Braid combats line twist better than mono or fluoro, and if used in lighter pound tests, it will outcast them as well. That’s why you see so many Elite Series pros using braid as their main line, even when drop-shotting finesse baits.
How do you pick a bass fishing line?
- Crankbaits: fluorocarbon or monofilament 10-17lb.
- Jigs: fluorocarbon 15-25lb or 30-50lb braided line.
- Jerkbaits: fluorocarbon or monofilament 10-15lb.
- Spinnerbaits/Chatterbaits: fluorocarbon or monofilament 15-25lb.
- Topwater Frogs: braided Line 30-65lb.
Is mono or fluoro better for bass?
Adding a fluorocarbon or monofilament leader will provide stretch so that fish don’t shake the hook. Monofilament is probably the most manageable of the three varieties. Its larger diameter and major stretch works for our bass or panfish presentations like wacky worms, etc., because they will fall much slower.