- 01 of 15. Chef John’s French Fries. View Recipe.
- 02 of 15. Mashed Peas.
- 03 of 15. Glazed Peas and Potatoes with Mint.
- 04 of 15. Restaurant-Style Coleslaw.
- 05 of 15. Dad’s Creamy Cucumber Salad.
- 06 of 15. Cheese and Bacon Potato Rounds.
- 07 of 15. Chef John’s Succotash.
- 08 of 15. Cilantro-Lime Coleslaw.
What do you eat with battered fish?
- Homemade chips. You can’t go wrong with fish and chips!
- Couscous salad.
- Corn on the cob.
- Salad stuffed blackened peppers.
- Minted new potatoes.
- Mushy peas.
- Loaded jacket potatoes.
- Tinned tomatoes.
What side dishes go well with fried catfish?
- Creamy Coleslaw. Classic Southern Coleslaw.
- Collard Greens. Southern Style Collard Greens.
- Fried Okra. Crispy Fried Okra.
- Crawfish Étouffée.
- Southern Potato Salad.
- Slow Cooker Southern Green Beans or Instant Pot Southern Green Beans.
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
- Cornbread Cooked in a Cast-iron Skillet.
Which side dish is commonly served with fish and chips?
Aside from the traditional mushy peas, battered sausages, onion rings, pickled onions, gherkins and eggs, gravy, ketchup, tartar, curry and various other sauces, we want to take a look at some of the more obscure and adventurous accompaniments that have become staples on the menus of chippies across the land.