- Albacore Tuna (troll- or pole-caught, from the US or British Columbia)
- Salmon (wild-caught, Alaska)
- Oysters (farmed)
- Sardines, Pacific (wild-caught)
- Rainbow Trout (farmed)
- Freshwater Coho Salmon (farmed in tank systems, from the US)
What are the fish you should avoid eating?
Are you aware that four fish have been designated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration ( USDA ) and Environmental Protection Agency ( EPA ) to be unsafe to eat due to their typically high levels of mercury? Making the “do not eat” list are King Mackerel, Shark, Swordfish and Tilefish.
What are 3 examples of seafood you should not buy?
- Atlantic Halibut. Although these flatfish are low-calorie, low-fat, and protein-rich, they have moderately-high levels of mercury.
- Bluefin Tuna. Bluefin tuna have high levels of mercury and PCBs—in part because they grow slower and take longer to reproduce—so they should be avoided.
- Orange Roughy.
What is the number 1 best fish to eat?
- Salmon. Salmon is versatile and one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acid, which is essential as the body cannot make it on its own so it must be obtained through food.