What would cause a boat motor to stop running?
Stalling problems can be traced to: A spark plug fouled by fuel, carbon, dirt or oil on the electrodes may not produce a spark strong enough to ignite the air/fuel mixture and start your engine. A dirty flame arrestor/air box can cause your boat engine to stall. Remove the debris using carb cleaner and a wire brush.
How do you service a 2 stroke boat motor?
- Check the spark plug. Remove the spark plug with a socket.
- Check the recoil starter. The recoil starter is held on with three bolts.
- Remove, strip and clean the carburettor.
- Remove the gearbox to check the water pump.
- Check and replace the gearbox oil.
- The Anode.
Can you replace a boat engine?
Your engine will need major repairs, or it will need to be rebuilt or replaced altogether. If you choose to replace your old engine with a new one, know this: There’s a lot more to repowering a boat with a stern drive or an inboard than just swapping engines. Before you start, find out if the job is worth the money.