They will eat some of their bedding, but they really love scraps of fruit and vegetables. Worms will eat the parts you won’t, like cores and peels. Don’t feed them too much or too often at first. A yogurt container full of scraps once a week will be enough.
How do you fatten up worms for fishing?
What to feed worms to make them big?
The rolled oats, cornmeal, and alfalfa work together to plump up your worms quickly. The finer this mix is powdered, the quicker your worms will eat it up and fatten up. Moisten your worm bedding and then sprinkle it over the bedding surface.
What should you not feed the worms?
- Meats, bones, fat and anything oily or greasy.
- Dairy products including butter, sour cream, milk, whole eggs (egg shells are ok) and cheese.
- Canned sauces, peanut butter and other processed food.
- Citrus foods like lemons, limes and oranges.
- Onions and garlic.
- Spicy foods such as hot peppers.