- Class I Rapids. List of Class I thru III Rated Rapids.
- Class II Rapids: Novice. List of Class I thru III Rated Rapids.
- Class III: Intermediate. List of Class III Rated Rapids.
- Class IV: Advanced. List of Class IV Rated Rapids.
- Class V: Expert. List of Class 5 Rated Rapids.
Is white water rafting a sport?
Rafting on certain sections of rivers is considered an extreme sport and can be fatal, while other sections are not so extreme or difficult. Rafting is also a competitive sport practiced around the world which culminates in a world rafting championship event between the participating nations.
Why is white water called whitewater?
It is known as whitewater because the frothy water takes on a white appearance. Whitewater is formed in a rapid, which is a section of a river with fast moving water and turbulence. The term ‘whitewater’ can also refer to a river or creek which contains a lot of rapids.
What kind of activity is white water rafting?
Rafting or White Water Rafting is a challenging recreational activity using an inflatable raft to navigate a river or other bodies of water. This is usually done on white water or different degrees of rough water, in order to thrill and excite the raft passengers.