Is scuba gear worth buying?
If you only plan to dive once a year on vacation, and diving is only one activity that you enjoy when you travel, renting gear as you go might be the best choice. If you travel frequently, and you plan to log multiple dives across multiple days, it could be more affordable, and more comfortable, to buy your own.
What is a scuba set?
A scuba set, originally just scuba, is any breathing apparatus that is entirely carried by an underwater diver and provides the diver with breathing gas at the ambient pressure. Scuba is an anacronym for self-contained underwater breathing apparatus.
What is the best beginner scuba gear?
- Mask: Cressi F1.
- Snorkel: Aqua Lung Impulse 3.
- Fins: Mares Avanti Super-Channel Open Heel Fin.
- BCD: AquaLung Pro HD.
- Regulator: Aqua Lung Calypso Regulator.
- Octopus: Aqua Lung Calypso/Titan Octopus.
- SPG + Computer: Cressi Leonardo Computer Console.
- Wrist Computer: Cressi Leonardo Wrist Computer.