- In shallow dish, mix flour and seasoned salt. In medium bowl, beat eggs and beer with whisk.
- In electric skillet or deep fryer, heat about 2 inches oil to 350°F.
- Fry fish in batches in hot oil about 4 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
Do you pan fry fish on high or low heat?
Melt butter in a large skillet in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then carefully add fish fillets. Cook, adjusting heat as necessary to prevent the butter from burning. Carefully flip the fish over when it is golden on the bottom, 1 to 3 minutes.
What temperature should fried fish be cooked to?
The internal temperature of your fish should be 145° F when ready. Once the fish is cooked and the batter has turned into a golden crisp, carefully remove the fillets from the oil with your skimmer and place on a cooling rack or plate lined with paper towels to rid of excess oil.
Which oil is best for frying fish?
- Canola Oil. Canola oil is by far one of the best oils to fry fish.
- Avocado Oil. Avocado oil is a great choice if you’re looking for a healthy option.
- Cottonseed Oil. Cottonseed oil has an extremely high smoke point and is affordable.
- Coconut Oil.
- Sunflower Oil.
- Safflower Oil.
- Vegetable Oil.
- Peanut Oil.