- Keep the aquarium lights turned off.
- Make sure the room does not receive direct sunlight.
- Remove the hood from the tank (use caution if your fish are jumpers). Also, keep an eye on any cats you may have.
- Place a fan so that it blows directly across the water.
- Float ice packs in the water.
How can I cool down my aquarium without a chiller?
You can use a desk or window fan to cool the aquarium. Just run the fan over the water. Always use the lowest setting to avoid blowing water out of the aquarium.
How do I keep my fish tank cool during a heatwave?
Cut back on feeding. If your aquarium is close to a window or in direct sunlight, keep the curtains/blinds closed. Switch off your aquarium lights, as some types can generate a lot of heat. Increase aeration, because the warmer the water, the lower the oxygen levels.
Can a fan cool down a fish tank?
A fan mounted at an angle or completely horizontal blowing on the water surface can decrease the temperature of the aquarium significantly. Keep in mind that if a lot of water evaporates from the aquarium, the salinity of the water will increase.