What fish does to your brain?
- Decrease levels of blood fat and cholesterol.
- Aid healthy brain function.
- Prevent inflammation and reduce the risk of arthritis.
- May decrease the risk of depression, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and diabetes.
What foods make you smarter?
- Green, leafy vegetables. Leafy greens such as kale, spinach, collards, and broccoli are rich in brain-healthy nutrients like vitamin K, lutein, folate, and beta carotene.
- Fatty fish.
- Tea and coffee.
Is fish actually good for your brain?
Think of fish consumption as a savings plan for your brain, not a winning lottery ticket. Long-term consumption of adequate DHA is linked to improved memory and reduced rates of cognitive decline. To reap the brain benefits of DHA, you need to maintain a consistent intake of DHA-rich foods.