How do you treat fish in thermal shock?
- Lower the room temperature and switch off the aquarium lights.
- Operate a fan onto the tank or water surface to cool it.
- Switch off heater and examine to see if it is faulty.
- Replace some of the water with cool water.
- Add ice or frozen ice coolers from the freezer to lower the temperature.
Can a fish recover from pH shock?
If the KH level is raised, then any pH shift at night will be minimised and the fish will most likely recover if it’s not been too long. Note however that a pH shocked animal has a low immune system and may be susceptible to other diseases. It may take it several weeks to fully recover.